Monday, December 8, 2014

No Mating Yet But More Media Coverage

Monday, December 8, 2014

Charles and Sarah have not mated yet but I believe that they will do so shortly.  Their duets continue to intensify and expand.  Last night Sarah and then Charles at two different times again checked out the 11, 13, 14 Nest Hollow.  They have now checked out this hollow more than any other I have seen so far this year.  Fingers crossed!

In other exciting news, the owls and my work with them will be profiled as part of:


KMOV Channel 4 to Air New Special on Forest Park This Tuesday, December 9, at 6:30 P.M.
On Tuesday, December 9, at 6:30 p.m., KMOV Channel 4 will air a new 30-minute special about Forest Park and Forest Park Forever. Hosted by Forest Park fan and supporter Jasmine Huda, the show will highlight a range of Park users, including: 
·  "The Legends of Forest Park" running group
·  Amateur naturalist Mark H. X. Glenshaw and his Owl Prowl
·  A professional photographer who uses Forest Park for portraits 
·  A family with young kids who are proud to be Park users and supporters
This special is part of Forest Park Forever's Year-End Membership Drive, made possible by lead sponsorEnterprise Holdings Foundation and by Express Scriptsand KMOV. Now through year's end, you can become a new member — or renew your membership — and our sponsors will upgrade your membership level at no cost.

Visit forestparkforever.org/kmov to join or renew today.


Check out this teaser for the special:

Teaser: 2014 Forest Park Special on KMOV from Forest Park Forever on Vimeo.


I met Dianne Casey, a special projects producer for KMOV, in November when she joined and filmed the Forest Park Beginner Birder Walk, which I have the honor and pleasure to co-lead with Amy Witt, Nature Reserve Steward for Forest Park Forever.  Dianne enjoyed the walk and I told her about the owls and suggested that they would be a good addition to the special.  We arranged an owl prowl and she came out with a camera man soon thereafter. They had a blast seeing the owls and documenting the prowl.

I hope those of you in the St. Louis area can tune in and watch the special.  I am proud to help promote Forest Park and Forest Park Forever and all they offer and do.  As a Forest Park Forever member and volunteer I can attest to the significant and positive impact of joining Forest Park Forever. I strongly recommend that any non-members take part in this Year-End Membership Drive.  

Some more excellent media coverage is coming up in January and I cannot wait to share that with you shortly.  The consistent media coverage the owls and my work with receive is a priceless part of the outreach portion of my work.  This coverage leads to more interest in the owls and thus more talks and more owl prowls.  All of these help spread the word of wildlife watching, birding, conservation, citizen science and more. 

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark!
    I just got finished watching the Forest Park Forever special and it was great! Just enough shots of me from behind to keep me motivated to stay on my diet! Yikes!
    I enjoyed both the prowl and the special very much. Keep up the good work!
    Libby Herbig

    ReplyDelete