Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Another Radio Show, Cute Owlet Video and Talks Reminder

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I am lucky, honored and grateful that Jean Ponzi, one of the region's leading experts and advocates for sustainability and biodiversity, invited me on to her second radio show, Earthworms on KDHX 88.1 FM. She interviewed me yesterday and yet again Jean had great queries and zeal.  You can listen to the show here:  http://earthworms.kdhxtra.org/

Tonight is the first of two owl talks I have this week. I hope you can make one or both of these talks!

The first talk is tonight, Wednesday, July 15 for Gateway Greening as part of their Pints 'n Plants lecture series. This will be my second talk for this lecture series and I am grateful to Gateway Greening for having me back. This general talk on the owls is from 6:30-7:30pm at  Urban Chestnut Brewing Company ,4465 Manchester Ave. St. Louis, MO, 63110 in the Grove neighborhood. Urban Chestnut makes great beer and their Bier Hall's food has had some amazing reviews like this one. Owls, beer and food-what a great combination! 

My second talk this week is a more specific one on a rather meaty subject.  It is "Forest Park Owls: Hunting and Feeding", 11:00am, Saturday, July 18, 2015, St. Louis Country Library-Cliff Cave Branch, 5430 Telegraph Rd., Oakville, MO 63129.  This is my third talk at this branch in south St. Louis County.  I have been lucky to present at several SLCL locations but this will be the first time I have given three talks at the same branch. Not the last though:)

I rushed home after my interview, changed into my go-to-the-park clothes and headed to Forest Park to look for the owls.  The first owl I found was the older owlet, Grace, and she was perched right on the ground between The Fallen Tree and The Newer Fallen Tree. I loved watching her look all around demonstrating the amazing neck flexibility of owls.


Thank you for reading, listening and watching!

2 comments:

  1. Mark, thank you for such nice videos.... sooooo much fun to watch .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Diane. Glad you liked them so much and thank you for the kind words. I'll be giving a talk in Washington, MO in December-keep your eye on my blog for the date. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete