Sunday, April 25, 2010

Great event with the great Forest Park photographer!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fear not, I am working on some long overdue blog updates about Charles, Sarah and their owlets. Needless to say there has been a ton going on with the owl family including branching, fledging and relocating and much more.

In the meantime, I wanted to give a heads up to a gallery exhibit opening by friend, Edward Crim. As many of you know Edward is a photographer of immense skill and artistry. In 2009 he went to Forest Park every day of the year and took photos of what he saw: people, animals, plants, architecture, you name it. He posted his photos everyday along with writings that described what he encountered in the jewel of St. Louis on his great website Forest Park 365.

An exhibit of his work will be held at Norton's Fine Art and Framing in Maplewood, MO. The exhibit open's next Friday, April 30 and Edward will be showing his photos and reading some of his writings and more. Read all about it here. Wendy and I will be there and we hope to see many of you there. If you can't make the opening, do your utmost to stop by the gallery before the exhibit ends at the end of May.

I was lucky to get an e-mail from Edward a few months into his project. We met for an owl prowl and became fast friends. His enthusiasm for the park is boundless and I am glad that he got a good case of owl addiction. He often featured owl photos on his site and even a few photos of yours truly. The only one that I was not overly keen on was this one, where I look I'm starring in "The Owl Man" musical and I'm being played by the actor who played Friedrich in the film version of "The Sound of Music." I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Bravo on the exhibit, Edward! I look forward to seeing it and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment