Thursday, April 25, 2013

The 2013 owlets' names...

Thursday, April 25, 2013

...will be revealed tonight at my talk on the owls' nesting and owlets at the Maplewood Public Library in Maplewood, MO from 7:00-8:00pm.  Sorry for the tease but I hope that many folks can attend tonight's talk!

As some of you know I gave a talk at the Maplewood Public Library in January.  The talk was a success and with sixty-five people in attendance it was the largest audience the library had ever had for a lecture! It was great to see so many owl friends, addicts, and mentees in the audience and to meet and help create new ones.  The library generously allowed me to film the lecture and post it on my YouTube page as you can see below.




The talk was such a success that the library has asked me to do a series of talks focusing on specific aspects of the owls' lives.  The first of these talks will be again at the Maplewood Public Library tonight, Thursday, April 25 from 7:00-8:00m.  This talk is called "Forest Park Owls: Nesting and Owlets" and as the title indicates it will be the owls' nesting behavior and their offspring, the ever delightful owlets. Here are links to the library's FAQ with directions to the library (it is both easy and tricky to get there!) and a brochure for the talk itself. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you tonight!  As a way of making amends for my teasing the owlets' names here is a picture of the two older owlets from April 11.



And a video of Sarah feeding on an Eastern Cottontail Rabbit on April 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment