Thursday, December 20, 2012

More Mating and Save The Date

After mating on December 7, the owls, to the best of my knowledge, did not mate until December 15.  The mated that night, December 17 and last night, December 19.  Each mating was different in all respects, where, when and the behavior prior to and occurring after each mating.  Seeing them mate more as the mating season progresses makes me more hopeful that they will nest.  Furthermore, I am more confident that after mating and nesting early the last two years, they are back to a more conventional time frame of mating (and hopefully nesting). At the end of this post I will post videos of all three mating moments.

In just over a month, I will be giving a talk on the owls and my work with them at the Maplewood Public Library in nearby Maplewood, Missouri. Please save the date:  Thursday, January 24, 2013, 7-8pm.  I would be honored to see you at this talk.  This will be my first and hopefully not last talk of 2013.  Perhaps in 2013 I will eclipse the six talks that I gave in 2012.  I give talks to nature organizations, schools, scouts, churches, you name it.  If you know of a group that might be interested in a talk, please have them contact me at mglenshaw@gmail.com  . I use my photos and videos to show the owls and their behavior and I do a decent job of connecting with a wide range of audiences.

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment